I think I had a temporary loss of sanity recently, I'm sure it's just one of many to come as the mom of two toddlers! I've been wanting to get Joel & Joshua a kid-sized table and chairs set for a while now- so we finally made it out to IKEA to get a set for only $20. After we brave eating in IKEA's restaurant with all of the boys, we walk through the gigantic warehouse and finally find our stuff.
Doug put everything together and the next morning the boys were so happy to find these new treasures! I'm not sure what I was thinking, (here's the loss of sanity part) but I envisioned the boys sitting down and eating snacks, coloring, and playing with their cars and trains at their new table. Well, reality very quickly set in... the boys used the table and chairs for everything BUT a table and chairs. They pushed the table up and down the hallway, they turned the table over and stood on it- they tried to climb the table in order to reach off-limits items! It seems that for a brief moment I forgot that I have two 2 year old BOYS!! They quickly reminded me of this fact! Which reminds me, I caught Joel using a child-lock as a step-ladder to reach the kitchen sink! He was leaning over the sink playing in the water- only a short climb from getting to the top of the fridge! Doug and I joke about finding one of the boys up on the fridge one day beccause he climbed his several times as a toddler! I guess that's what I get for marrying a former fridge climber!! Maybe Paul, who wrote "Pray without ceasing" in the Bible was the father of twin boys!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment