Well, it's started... all of those typical toddler events you hear about, but for us, it's times 2! Here's just a sample of what's been happening in the Turner house the past few weeks: crayon scribbling all over the walls, screaming, full-blown tantrums, brotherly fights, digging into dirty diapers and spreading the contents all over their beds , biting, and the list could go on! I feel like all I said this week was "No!" Stop biting your brother, stop slamming the door, stop throwing toys, stop throwing food, and on and on! The boys sure do know how to push their limits! They know, for the most part, what they shouldn't be doing, but this week all H-E-double hockey sticks- broke out!
Let me just say parenting is not for the faint-hearted, and parenting twins is absolutely crazy!!
I love my boys and even in my sleep-deprived, exhausted stupor- just a little smile, laugh, or hug from Joel or Joshua can erase most of the day's antics! But having 2 toddlers in the house is like nothing you've ever experienced before- then throw in a non-napping 5 month old and well... let's just say I get jealous of the parents with only 2 kids or even 3 kids at different ages (no twins!)
Sometimes spending the day at work with 30 5th graders actually feels like I'm getting a break! But the crazy thing is, when I'm at work I miss being home with the boys! Guess I'm just a glutton for punishment!
No comments:
Post a Comment