Saturday, October 4, 2008

Survivor: The Toddler Edition




Chocolate pudding, ketchup, goldfish crackers, frozen waffles, raisins, milk... could you survive eating just these few items?? Somehow Joel manages to only eat these items and he's the bigger of my twins! Some people say they have picky eaters, but I might just have The Pickiest Toddler Ever!!
Occasionally he will eat some Mac n Cheese or a tiny bite of a PB&J, or pizza- but he mostly exists on frozen waffles with peanut butter and syrup for breakfast, goldfish and 1-2 bites of PB& J for lunch and maybe...if I'm lucky...if all of the stars and planets are aligned...if I cross all of my fingers and toes... he might eat oatmeal or pizza for dinner. We continually offer him new foods which he will try, chew, and promptly spit back out! If he could choose, I think he'd eat chocolate pudding and/or ketchup for every meal. Do toddlers outgrow this? Someday when he's 13 and he's eating us out of house and home.. will I look back on these days with a smile??

No comments: