The other night we were putting the boys in bed and we started to pray. Usually by the time we get all 3 boys ready for bed, get water, go potty, read books, etc, our prayers are something like "thank you Jesus for Daddy, Mommy, my brothers, Grandma, Grandpa, etc. and please give us good dreams, AMEN!" Well Joshua wanted to keep going so we let him..." thank-you ,Jesus, for my cars, our car, our house, for the camera, for that ball, for this book, for tow trucks, for the...light, for our... beds..." He kept looking around the room for something to say thanks for. I'm sure parents of small kids have heard these seemingly endless prayers before! I thought it was so cute to hear his sincerity, but it was getting long and I was exhausted! Just as I was about to say AMEN, it dawned on me- Joshua knows Jesus better than me! Everything we have IS from God- and we should thank Him for it all! He gives us everything, big and small, and it all belongs to Him! It's pretty cool when God uses a 4 year old to teach me more about Him!
"Every good and perfect gift comes from God" James 1;17
No comments:
Post a Comment