Saturday, July 12, 2008

Age

I've been thinking about age alot lately- maybe because I just had a birthday last month, maybe because now I'm closer to 40 than 30? What really got me thinking about it, though, was reading a few blogs from women turning 30- they were lamenting the fact that they were - God Forbid- THIRTY! they were lamenting about wrinkles, and age spots, and needing to wear muumuus, etc. I mean, come on, just because you're thirty doesn't mean life is over! You really don't have to break out your red elastic-waist polyester pants! I don't recall being that upset over turning thirty. maybe I will be when I turn forty!

I think age is all how you look at it- there are certainly days when I feel old (mostly from lack of sleep and having 3 kids under 2 1/2!) but I don't feel all that different than when I was 27!

It also helps to have a mom who looks HOT in her 60's- I have something to look forward to for sure! My Mom seriously looks better than I do- age has nothing on her! Here she is with my younger sister.

No comments: