Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Birthday Party Pictures

Joshua


Joel

Joel & Joshua's party didn't have a theme, really. I just made cupcakes into bug shapes because that's their new fascination. I made a caterpillar cake and a few ladybugs. On Saturday, their actual birthday, we gave them cupcakes and sang to them. Each boy had a number 3 candle, but Joshua soon took them over. He slept with both candles that night and HAD to take one to Church with him the next day. Whenever one of his brothers would find one of the candles, he'd stop whatever he was doing and run to get "my candles!"


On Sunday, after church, we set up their bouncer, we ate pizza with the grandparents, their Aunt Katie came out, and later in the evening their cousins came to celebrate. It was a very low-key, relaxing party, just the way I like it!

Ethan enjoying the bouncer

2 comments:

Katie said...

Highlights were: Ethan's Star Wars onesie, Joshua's doe-eyed flirtation, and Joel's surreptitious licking of his ranch dressing during dinner. The party of the year! Thanks for having me!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! My kids are totally into bugs too. Must be a boy thing? I don't ever remember liking bugs when I was a kid. Looks like you guys had a great celebration!