"I figure that if the children are alive when my husband gets home at the end of the day, I've done my job."- Roseanne Barr
I found this great quote when I was perusing other Mommy Blogs, specifically, Moms of Multiples Blogs. This quote is so accurate! Roseanne isn't my favorite person in the world, but she gets it right here! This blog is usually full of cute pictures of my boys and funny stories about their adventures. We do have fun, but let me tell you, life is HECTIC with 3 little ones! If I wrote about everyday life on here, I don't know that anyone would come back to read more!
From the time I wake up in the morning (sometimes at 5:30AM!), it's GO, Go, GO! Diapers, potty-training, breakfast, change clothes, diapers, break up fights over toys, clean up, snacks, play outside, more diapers, etc. WOW! There are days where I count down the minutes to nap time from the minute I wake up!
My biggest problem is the lack of sleep! Joel and Joshua usually sleep all night, unless they're sick. Ethan, on the other hand, he wakes up ALOT! I bring him into bed with me and then he tosses and turns, wakes up, cries, etc. I think I average 5 hours of sleep a night. This lack of sleep certainly affects my mood and attitude the next day. I find that I'm not as patient with the boys when I don't get sleep. I pray for sleep all the time, and this is one area where I feel that my prayers are just NOT being answered!! It's so frustrating!
I think I just needed to vent! Time to lay down for my 3 minute nap now!
1 comment:
I'm sorry! It's so hard to function when you are not getting enough sleep. You are right about BUSY... that's the understatement of the year! I often count down until naptime, too. I don't know what I will do when my older one decides to stop napping. Right now, I still get 2-3 hours of time to myself most days.
And potty training is exhausting. I am working on it with Christophe, so far, so good. But that must be rough trying to get two of them trained. I feel for you, girl! I will pray that you get some much needed rest. Were you at church today? That may be the miracle you need!
Post a Comment