Saturday, March 8, 2008

One of Those Days!

Thursday was One of Those Days, you know, the ones that start out on a bad note, end on a bad note, and have lots of other "bad notes" inbetween!
Here's the run-down: It started with a parking ticket! Yes, I parked on the street to drop Ethan off at the babysitter's house. When I came back out, I had a lovely City of Riverside parking ticket on my windshield. It seems that I was blocking the Street-Sweeper. There were signs posted, but not anywhere in the direction I traveled and then parked! So, I drive off to work- only to be bombarded with a few obnoxious 10 year olds! I have 2 students in particular who don't listen, are generally disrespectful, and outright RUDE!!
After a day of dealing with those two kids, I have to rush off to the Doctor because I think I have bronchitis or worse! Of course the freeway is packed (when is it not?) so I take side streets through all of Riverside- and speaking of all of Riverside... I passed by at least 6 schools letting out for the day! Traffic was crazy! I show up 15 minutes late, but I get in to see the Dr., thankfully! He promptly sends me to get a chest x-ray, which thankfully didn't indicate any bronchitis or pneumonia! BUT, I need an antibiotic anyway- so after a 45 minute wait, I'm finally on my way home with a hungry baby!
BUT WAIT! Just when you think it can't possibly get any worse... my cell phone falls into the bathtub which had been filling up for Joel & Joshua's bath! I quickly retrieved the phone, pulled the battery out and let it dry for 2 days- and today... it actually works!! Praise the LORD!!
Praise God that days like these don't happen very often!

No comments: