I'm a worrier by nature- not something I'm proud of! Becoming a Mom only causes me to worry more and more. This is something I'm learning (daily, hourly, minutely!) to give over to God! Ever since Joel & Joshua were born- 5 weeks early- I'd watch for them to reach each milestone like a hawk. Are they smiling, rolling over, laughing, grasping objects... you name it. They met most milestones either right on target or about a month behind average. They didn't walk until 13 1/2 months which I thought was really delayed! Their language is and has been an area of concern. They knew animal sounds and could identify body parts around a year old, but at their 18 month appt., I thought they were months and months behind average! People said, not to worry because they were born early, they're boys, and they're twins- all things that typically lead to delayed speech. But of course I worried! Well now, they're language abilities have sky-rocketed! They are both talking so much- not just mimicking-but actually holding conversations!
The best part is hearing them talk to each other- Joshua calls Joel "Jo-wee" and Joel calls Joshua "Joo". They both call Ethan "Ethie" or "Baby". Now, we're getting into the "What's that?" stage. Next, I'm sure, is the 'Why?" stage.
The other day, Joshua came up to me yelling "Stupid Gate!"- referring to a baby gate- we have yet to discover where he heard this- and now encourage him to say 'silly' instead of 'stupid'. Ah, the joys of parenting!

I just can't post without adding a picture! Here's Joshua & Joel at about 2 months old!
4 comments:
Ha Ha Ha! I HATED the "what" stage:) Repeating myself is my FAVORITE, and then to have 2 asking the SAME question over and OVER...fun times:) Yep, now we just started the "why"...going to be LOTS of fun! Yes, I do love hearing the conversations...like 2 little old men sitting around talking. The arguing makes me laugh! Have fun with it or you will LOOSE your mind:) m
wait till the infamous "No"........:)
Their budding language can be such a joy, but so much work! I remember when I could just think in my car, or maybe even carry on a phone call. Now I spend my days answering questions... the new favorite is "Why?" about everything. So funny- we can't wait for them to talk, and once they do, we can't wait for them to be quiet!
I had a great time hanging out the other day! Let's do it again sometime!
I love Joel and Joshua! I work with Kim at PNO and this past PNO, Joel melted my heart! He and I were sitting together and he leans in to give me a kiss. I turned my cheek to him and he shook his head and looked me right in the eye. Then he gave me a fat big kiss and while turning back to his snack, he saidreal loud "Welcome!!" That made my day!
Post a Comment