Saturday, February 14, 2009

Life


Just some random things to share: Life is busy when you have 3 kids under 3! We've all been sick at various times in the last 3 weeks! Even though I work part-time, it's felt like full-time lately! Being a teacher, the big push for State Testing (in 10 weeks) is here- making my job harder and more intense! I actually can't wait to send a crazy day at home- it's so much better than the pressures of work!


A few random things: I have an iphone now, and I love it! I saved some money and was planning on buying one at Christmas, then I found out that it would add $30 a month to our bill- so that idea was nixed! After dropping my 2nd phone in the bathtub, I decided to just buy the cheapest phone I could find. I had a $20 phone from Target that didn't even take pictures! Then in January- I started tutoring after school every Tuesday for an hour. I only have 8 kids and I make a little over $30 each time! So... that extra money now goes toward our extra phone bill! Let's just pray that I don't drop the iphone in the bathtub! It's nice to be able to check my email or get on the Internet without 3 sets of hands trying to "help" me as I'm on the computer. There are so many features, I'm still trying to figure it out! I just wish it had an application to download that would change diapers! (More on potty training, later!)




Doug and I have been really needing some date-nights, and that seemed all but impossible with 3 little ones. We usually make it to the Parent's Night Out at our church, which is great! 3 hours of babysitting at $5 per child! We usually go to any restaurant we can find that doesn't have a long line! A quiet dinner anywhere is a treat! But now I found a reliable babysitter who can come every Friday from 5-8. Just enough time for Doug and I to catch an early, relaxing, quiet dinner, and we're home in time to put the boys to bed!
Now for some pictures!




Did puberty come early? Hair on Joel's back already? Just a funny picture after Doug cut Joel's hair!
Joshua trying on Doug's shoes
Joel in Doug's shoes- notice the cut near his eye? A few weeks ago he fell on our gravel driveway-he broke the fall with his face! His eye was swollen shut for a few days!

No comments: