Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

We had a great Easter in the Turner House! This is the first year I actually put little baskets together for the boys. Last year we had little plastic eggs, but that's about it. I've been struggling with how to celebrate certain holidays now that we have kids. I want Easter and Christmas to be focused on Jesus, not the Easter Bunny and Santa. I grew up going to church AND with Santa and the Easter Bunny visiting and bringing TONS of toys, candy, etc. I'd been kind of ambivalent about the whole thing because the boys were too young to notice- so this year I just decided: eggs, candy, bunnies, and a few toys are great- but I'm not really focusing on the Easter Bunny. So I put together some little Easter buckets for the boys: I call them the 'Times are Hard/It's a Tough Economy Buckets!' They each got a plastic shovel, a toy, and some plastic eggs with
Mn Ms and mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. It was very inexpensive and the boys loved it ALL! They carried their buckets from room to room, and ate most of the candy for breakfast!



We went to a great church service at Sandals, then came home and celebrated the Resurrection with family and great food! I didn't get very many pictures because out camera batteries died. I hope you had a great Easter!

My sister Katie, brother-in-law Josh, and Joshua (and Katie and Josh's baby Eliza, due July 31st!!)

No comments: