Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Back to work

I'm going back to work tomorrow! It's only for one day since Friday is a holiday, but I'm dreading it! Ethan still doesn't drink very well from a bottle! I'm worried that the woman taking care of him will get frustrated and not want to watch him any more! He'll be at a house up the street from school so I can go nurse him at lunchtime. I'm worried that I'll just be worried about him the whole time I'm working instead of concentrating on teaching a bunch of 10 year olds how to multiply fractions, identify verbs, nouns, etc.!!

I've been out for 3 months and I already feel like I've forgotten the kids' names! Maybe it's just the "Mom Brain" at work! I'm glad I'll only be working part-time, when the boys were 10 weeks old I went back to work full-time for 6 weeks! I don't know how I did it! I think I was just happy to get out of the house a little bit, plus Doug had taken Paternity Leave so I knew they were in good hands, and I didn't have to worry about them not taking bottles- that's all they would take!
How do people survive living in Southern CA without at least 1 1/2 incomes? We have rent (a small amount), have 2 used cars, no cable TV, we don't eat out too much and it's still tough to make it on one income! ( Maybe it's having 3 kids in diapers!) If I weren't working we wouldn't have health insurance- so that's a good enough reason for me to work 2-3 days a week. Plus, I can't complain too much- I don't have to work during the summer.

If you're reading this ( if you've made it this far) , I'd appreciate some prayers! Thanks!

No comments: