Friday, February 8, 2008

Mom Guilt?

Ever since I found out I was expecting for the first time, I started experiencing a new feeling- I call it Mom Guilt (MG). It sounds a little like this... Am I eating enough for the baby? Too much? Oh, no.. I'm not sleeping on my left side, my babies are going to be messed up for sure! Should I drink caffeine? Should I eat this Sure-to Have-Mercury- in-it-Tuna-Sandwich?? The list goes on! And it only gets worse once the kiddos are born. Now it's... I didn't change his diaper in over 3 hours, should I breastfeed? Should we wrap him in a blanket? Is he too hot? too cold? Is it okay if he just eats ketchup for dinner? I'm not singing, talking,etc. enough to him, they watch too much TV... the list goes on!
Anyone else experience this? Does it every go away?
The newest way this has manifested itself is in my guilt about going back to work. I'll only be working 2-3 days a week and the boys have a great nanny, but... Am I forever messing them up by not being with them 24/7? I'm sure I'm not alone- but I'm wondering what do you other Moms do to stop the internal/infernal Mom Guilt Dialogue that goes on in your head? (Yes, dialogue because I don't know about you, but I can have conversations with myself! All in my head of course, at least I think so! ) Did I just say that outloud??!!

So, enough with the rambling, I'll post pictures next!

No comments: